Converts bam or cram files to fastq format and does quality control.
This document describes the output produced by the pipeline. Most of the plots are taken from the MultiQC report, which summarises results at the end of the pipeline.
The pipeline is built using Nextflow and processes data using the following steps:
- FastQC - bam and read quality control
- Samtools - collate, extract reads and compute bam stats
- MultiQC - aggregate report, describing results of the whole pipeline
FastQC gives general quality metrics about your reads. It provides information about the quality score distribution across your reads, the per base sequence content (%T/A/G/C). You get information about adapter contamination and other overrepresented sequences.
For further reading and documentation see the FastQC help.
Samtools is used to extract reads from the bam files and to compute some bam statistics.
The extracted reads are written to fastq files in
MultiQC is a visualisation tool that generates a single HTML report summarising all samples in your project. Most of the pipeline QC results are visualised in the report and further statistics are available in within the report data directory.
The pipeline has special steps which allow the software versions used to be reported in the MultiQC output for future traceability.
- MultiQC report - a standalone HTML file that can be viewed in your web browser
- Directory containing parsed statistics from the different tools used in the pipeline
For more information about how to use MultiQC reports, see http://multiqc.info